People often overlook the fact that there are vast differences in quality between brands of a certain product, and these could mean the difference between a product that produces results and a product which doesn’t.
Take for example our popular product tongkat ali. There are other companies who offer similar products for a fraction of the price, and I often get asked what is the difference between our product and theirs.
Unfortunately, I can’t tell how other companies source their product, how they process it and how they test it. But I can tell you this, a bottle of tongkat ali which is truly concentrated 200 times or more, contains a high percentage of eurycomanone (the active component), is produced in a GMP facility of high standards and is tested for quality batch after batch requires a certain cost.
There are many brands selling products that are just too cheap to be what they claim. As a buyer, you should be aware of what you are paying for (and what you are NOT paying for).
I have spent years researching supplements that I can truly say are the best quality you can find.
I have put together a summary of what you should be looking for if you want to make sure you are buying the best supplements.
Herbolab products comply with that criterion and a lot more, but I can’t speak for other brands.
If you are thinking of buying one of these products from another brand, make sure you ask them the right questions.
- Should be standardized for Eurycomanone content. Herbolab tongkat ali ensures a consistent % of Eurycomanone in each batch.
- Concentration ratios like 1:50, 1:100 and 1:200 are not that important anymore. Beware of companies selling 1:200 tongkat ali without standardized Eurycomanone content as you can’t verify the concentration in a test.
- Should be tested for quality for each batch. If a company can’t give you a Certificate of Analysis (COA) for the batch they are currently selling, don’t buy from them. Some Tongkat ali products have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals.
- The cultivation of Ashwagandha is quite time-consuming and requires the right climate. So, it is best to buy KSM 66 supplements as it has the highest concentration of full spectrum (An extract which maintains the balance of various ingredients in the herb) available today.
- There are many Ashwagandha supplements available that you need to choose from, both in capsule and powder form. A dosage of 300mg-500mg with 2% or 5% withanolides is the average range. And, no matter, if you purchase a branded form of this element; if the exact dosage is not mentioned, it is unlikely to be within the correct range.
- Should be gelatinized to ease nutrient absorption.
- If you are looking for effects in the sex department, make sure they are using dark maca as this has more benefits than the most commonly found (and cheaper) yellow maca.
- Make sure the maca is concentrated but they are not using high-temperature methods as this destroy the nutrients.
Red Korean Ginseng
- Should be fermented to improve nutrient absorption
- Should be grown in Korea, Korean ginseng is grown in other countries (mostly China) does not have the same beneficial properties.
- Should be standardized for ginsenoside content. Herbolab offers 13% ginsenoside content, one of the highest in the market.
I hope the above information was useful. As always, if you have a question about our products do not hesitate to send us an email.
To your health,
P.S. – Here’s a question that none of the sellers I know of will ask their potential customers…. you will be surprised I’m asking you.